Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Realizations

Today I realized that this trip has instilled a feeling of hope and optimism that is very new for me. I feel really content with where I am in my life and what I am doing with it. I was definitely not feeling this way before going to San Francisco. I read all these articles about all the budget cuts people are proposing or passing that will affect the poor and the working class and I feel angry still, but I also feel like I am doing something to help now. Or that I have helped and I have officially begun my journey and my passion for service. I don't know if any of this really makes sense, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, I feel so much more aware of the world after this trip, but yet, optimistic, which is so refreshing and exactly what I needed.

--Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment