Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On being back from San Fran...

I left my hearts in San Francisco.
On the corner of Larkin and Ellis,
in the space between broken promises
and broken bottles.

Sitting cross-legged in the penthouse
of a building that kissed the edges of the sky
and I left them in a puddle of smiles
the size of a mountain
laced with young women that dance and
men who blow bubbles as you walk by.

And with survivors whose stories
are now apart of my own.

I left them among ink and blisters
and people who work for pennies
but are the richest I've ever met,
Queens more royal than blue.

I left them with a man with a
story
that shakes tears out of
the driest eyes
San Francisco, I left them with you.

But don't you worry,
cuz I'll be back
to get them.



--Salisa



"Liberties are never given, they are always taken." --Beth Pickens

No comments:

Post a Comment